Our dentists and team make every effort to provide conservative treatments that will promote your oral health both now and long-term. However, some types of dental problems may require more extensive treatment to resolve. If this is the case for you, our dentists may recommend oral surgery to resolve the issue and help you regain your oral health. Oral surgery includes a number of dental procedures and may be recommended to improve the function, health and appearance of your teeth and supporting oral structures.
In addition to providing several oral surgical treatments in our office, our dentists and team work closely with trusted specialists to ensure that you are receiving high-quality care. We will thoroughly examine your mouth to determine the extent of the problem and whether or not oral surgery is a good option for you. We will discuss your oral health and treatment options with you so that you can make the best decision for your oral health. If you do receive an oral surgical treatment, we will provide anesthetic and sedation options to help you remain comfortable during the procedure.
Some types of oral surgery that may be recommended include:
- Tooth Extractions — removing teeth that are decayed, damaged or infected beyond the point where restorative treatments would be successful
- Wisdom Teeth Removal — removing wisdom teeth (third molars) that are impacted, have come in at a bad angle or do not have space to erupt properly
- Jaw Surgery — to treat TMJ disorders, improve the fit of dentures, or correct jaw growth and positioning
- Bone Grafting — this is typically recommended to increase bone density prior to placing an implant
- Dental Implant Placement — this procedure involves placing an implant post to begin the process of replacing a missing tooth
To learn more about oral surgery in Fort Mohave, Arizona, and schedule your consultation, call Jennings & Larson Family Dentistry today at 928-577-2533.